View by Product
How to Set Up VGA Grid and StreamZilla for CDN Broadcasting
Epiphan broadcasting appliances support broadcast streaming to multiple users through Content Distribution Network. These appliances (VGA Grid, VGABroadcaster Lite, VGARecorder Lite, Lecture Recorder, Lecture Recorder x2, VGABroadcaster Std and VGABroadcaster Pro) can be configured as a client to a CDN provider. By using a CDN, the maximum number of concurrent clients is increased, while at the same time reducing the load on the uplink internet connection.
In this example we will configure the channel 1 of the VGA Grid to broadcast through StreamZilla. The same approach can be used when configuring other Epiphan appliances mentioned above.
1. Make sure that the VGA Grid system has been properly deployed.
2. Log in to the VGA Grid Web Admin interface.
3. Select Channel 1.
4. In the drop-down menu click Stream setup and select RTSP (H.264 codec) in the Stream type field. Note that the RTP/UDP stream section is displayed at the bottom of the page. Do not close this page.
5. Open a new tab in your browser and log in to your CDN Manager’s account.
6. Click the Manage live streams icon. Then click Add a live stream.
7. A new window is displayed. Configure it as shown on a screenshot below.
8. Select QuickTime in the Stream type field and enter a user name. Then click Next.
9. StreamZilla displays a live stream settings window with UDP audio port, UDP video port and Core Server IP address values.
10. Leave this window open and go back to the VGA Grid Web Admin interface window.
11. Fill in the fields in the RTP/UDP stream section using the information shown on the StreamZilla window.
12. Click Apply.
13. Now click Channel status. The download the SDP file and save it on your computer's local disk.
14. Go to the StreamZilla window. Upload the SDP file and click Next.
15. CDN Server will finalize the process. Wait a few minutes until live stream setup process is complete.
16. Click Embed code/URL.
17. In this window you can generate a code that allows watching your stream anywhere. Check all settings and click the Generate embed code button. Script and http‐link information will be generated. After embedding this script in your website you will be able to watch the broadcast from there.