View by Product
How to Live Stream a Presentation with Presenter’s Comments
Video conferencing organizers can now live stream video conferences without costly and sophisticated solutions. Epiphan’s streaming hardware series offer a high-performance video conference live stream broadcasting solutions that allow the broadcasting of video conference events to remote audiences. These products are an effective means of delivering different audio-video conference streams through the network. This capability enables a meeting holder to transmit presentations to remote viewers.
How does video conferencing work with the VGADVI Broadcaster™ video-to-Internet broadcast streaming appliance? Read on to know more on this subject. In this example the presenter will stream a computer display with slides / audio for remote audience.
Equipment Needed to Stream a Presentation or Video Conference
- VGADVI Broadcaster
- Laptops with network access for all viewer participants
- Presenter’s laptop with video or presentation materials (does not require network access)
Step 1: Connecting the VGADVI Broadcaster equipment
The first step is to setup the VGADVI Broadcaster so that it is streaming a display sources to the internet. Using a simple computer display is a good way to test this setup.
1. Connect the presenter laptop VGA, DVI or HDMI display output to VGADVI Broadcaster.
2. Connect the VGADVI Broadcaster to the Ethernet network through its Ethernet RJ-45 port. VGADVI Broadcaster also uses Power over Ethernet as a power source.
3. Connect a microphone to the broadcaster’s audio in port.
4. Switch on the broadcaster.
5. Switch on the laptop.
6. Connect a local computer display or projector to the broadcaster through the DVI Out port. Make sure the presenter's laptop screen is viewed on the display.
7. If you know the URL/IP address of the stream broadcast, use it with a network connected browser or media player to make sure the video/audio feed is streamed over the network. If you do not know the URL/IP address, perform this operation in the steps.
Step 2: VGADVI Broadcaster Settings
If you do not know the URL / IP address for your VGADVI Broadcaster installed above, download the Network Discovery Utility from the VGADVI Broadcaster product or support page to the laptop you are using to configure the system.
1. Install the Network Discovery Utility application start it up.
2. Click the Search button. Your Broadcaster will be found on the network. Its IP address will be also available. Provide the participants with this information.
3. Click Web config to start the Web admin interface.
4. Click on the Viewer access section of the interface to set up the viewer’s access to the broadcast. Specify the viewer password.
5. To adjust the audio settings use the Audio section of the Web access interface.
Step 3: View the Presentation Live Stream Broadcast
Once the participants know the address of the streaming broadcast and the viewer broadcast’s viewer credentials, they are able to watch and listen to the presentation. They are required to start up a browser or media player on their laptops and enter the broadcast’s URL address. That’s it.
The participants will view on their laptops the presentation slides and hear the narrator’s explanations and comments.
Publish to Content Distribution Networks
For additional scalability and reach outside typical corporate firewalls, the video stream can be published via a Content Distribution Network (CDN), or configured to use multi cast. Multicast is typically used inside a corporate network, whereas CDN is used for external publications.
Stream to iPad , iPhone and iOS using Apple Live Stream Protocols
To stream to iOS devices using Apple Live Streaming, you can publish to a CDN, or consider native streaming to iOS devices using one of the VGADVI Broadcaster Pro models.
Multiple Different Output Channel Views and Bit Rates
VGADVI Broadcaster Pro models provide additional options for video layout, multi views, and the ability to stream to different output channels using different bit rates, codecs and stream types.
Presentation Live Streaming Products, Catalogs and Brochures
For additional product information, product catalogs and brochures for live streaming presentations, please see below for additional information.
|Presentation Live Streaming Hardware||Presentation Streaming Functions||Brochures|
|VGADVI Broadcaster - Integrated Streaming Appliance. Portable, integrated device for capture, encoding and streaming of presentation display and camera. Streams display and camera with various picture in picture layout options. No software to install, built in splitter/converter to easily connect to monitor.||
|Broadcaster Pro Systems - High performance server systems to stream one or more displays, monitors and cameras. Capture multiple video sources, create one more output channels with High bit rates, high frame rate recording and streaming to one more recorded views with different layout, encoding, bitrates and encoding parameters. No software to install.||