Share an iPad screen during a Cisco WebEx Meeting
Cisco WebEx Meeting users know that sharing their desktop, laptop built-in camera, or virtual whiteboard is easy to do. But what if you need to share a tablet, mobile phone or some other device? Using Epiphan’s frame and video grabbers, you can share nearly any device during a WebEx Meeting. Share the screen from an iPad, iPhone, external camera, video game console, ultrasound display or nearly any other device with a video- out port. You can adapt this procedure to work with any other device by following the wired connection option.
- A WebEx account (and knowledge of how to host or join a WebEx Meeting)
- An Epiphan DVI2USB 3.0 video grabber (or another Epiphan frame grabber)
- A device that has a video source you want to capture. The device must have a video-out port (e.g. HDMI™, DVI, VGA, Component, etc) or a cable that converts to video out (e.g. an Apple Video adapter).
For this particular example:
- Apple iPad (2nd generation or newer running latest version of iOS)
- An HDMI cable (if not using a VGA video adapter)
- An Apple video adapter for your iPad (for a wired connection) OR
- A 2nd or 3rd generation Apple TV (only required for wireless sharing of an iPad)
How to connect your iPad for use in a WebEx Meeting
You can connect your iPad both at least two ways, wired and wirelessly. Please read either of the two options as described below.