High resolution audio video streaming appliance
Laboratories & diagnostic medicine
Security and surveillance
Attach your high resolution source
Configure the DVI Broadcaster DL to record and/or stream
Connect to your network for live streaming
DVI Broadcaster DL
Captures DVI or HDMI™ video signals in resolutions up to 2048×2048 or 2560×1600 for widescreen applications. DVI Broadcaster DL™; streams the captured content in formats which can be viewed with standard internet browsers and media players. The streaming content can also be recorded to internal storage and auto-transferred network storage.
Features at a glance
- Capture from screens or cameras at Full HD resolution
- Up to 2048×2048 (2560×1600 widescreen) resolution support
- Use it everywhere – it’s portable with no software to be installed
- Managed and controlled either locally or over a network
- Supports DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort
- Designed for high speed and high precision video source broadcasting and recording needs such as: air traffic control displays, medical device displays and industrial equipment displays
- Supports streaming directly to set-top boxes and smart TVs via MPEG-TS
Captures DVI or HDMI video signals in resolutions up to 2048×2048 or 2560×1600 for widescreen applications. DVI Broadcaster DL™ streams the captured content in formats which can be viewed with standard internet browsers and media players. The streaming content can also be recorded to internal storage and network storage.
Customize your stream
- Add your corporate color as a background and your company logo, the date, time, and contributor name.
- Overlay video with timestamp information and other text.
- Upload a custom image to display when the channel does not have a signal or if your input signal is interrupted for any reason.
Video/audio outputs and network/control ports
- DVI Broadcaster DL has an RJ-45 PoE port, and a USB 2.0 port.
- When the DVI Broadcaster DL is connected to the local network through its on-board Ethernet port you can view and listen to the stream using a web browser.
Video and Audio Inputs
- DVI Broadcaster DL captures a video source from either an HDMI or DVI (single or dual link) signal at their native resolutions and frame rates.
- Audio input is provided through a 3.5 mm analog stereo audio input.
- The DVI-DL port is captures signals from DVI and HDMI sources.
- DVI Broadcaster DL supports a wide range of streaming formats and protocols enabling it to stream video to media players, Content Delivery Networks and multicast networks using industry standard streaming formats including FLV, ASF, MJPEG and via TCP/UDP using RTSP.
- Supports Multicast Streaming via UDP using RTP, MPEG-TS RTP, MPEG-TS and publishes to streaming servers (CDNs) via RTMP and RTSP.
Stream using Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) and Session Announce Protocol (SAP)
- Media players, smart TVs, set-top boxes, digital signs etc. can play live streams and saved recordings from the DVI Broadcaster DL via UPnP or SAP.
- Streaming via UPnP and/or SAP is perfect for situations when the destination device is unattended. For example, when DVI Broadcaster DL streams to a digital sign that continuously plays a video, if there is an interruption, the live stream resume feature automatically resumes the stream.
Video encoding with H.264, MPEG-4, and MJPEG
- DVI Broadcaster DL supports the most widely used video codecs to ensure maximum compatibility with commercial viewing software media players such as VLC and Adobe Media Player.
- Choose codecs to help you maximize your stream quality while minimizing the demand for system resources and bandwidth.
- Use the default settings, or fine tune the operation to your application.
- Video frame rate, encoding bit rate, and key frame interval are among several parameters available to tailor the encoding to your specific requirements.
- Whether you are recording highly dynamic full motion video or slowly changing instrumentation displays Epiphan Broadcasters enable you to direct the encoder to achieve optimal video quality while satisfying bitrate and file size constraints of your specific application and environment.
Supports audio codecs MP3, AAC and PCM
- DVI Broadcaster DL supports the most widely used audio codecs to ensure maximum compatibility with commercial viewing software.
- Use the default settings, or fine tune to meet your requirements.
Record while streaming
- DVI Broadcaster DL can record your streaming output.
- Stores the video files to an internal solid state memory, with 4 GB of storage, in either AVI, MPEG-TS or MOV format (common and easy to use formats).
- Automatically deletes the oldest recorded file when disk space runs low and replaces the file with a current file to ensure the latest recordings are available.
- Manage the size of your recorded video files by configuring the DVI Broadcaster DL to start a new file based on a time or file-size limit. When the limit is reached, the current recorded file is closed and available for download while a new file is opened for continued recording – all without missing a frame.
Easy access to external file storage
The DVI Broadcaster DL offers a variety of options for storing your recorded files:
- Store the files on the device itself, this is useful when you don’t have access to a network or an external device. You can always download the files later.
- You can transfer the recorded files to an external USB storage device or local network storage via FTP, RSYNC, or CIFS to ensure you don’t run out of disk space on your device and facilitate 24/7 recording.
- Configure automatic file transfer when a USB device is inserted.
- Integrates easily with commercial content management systems.
We can be easily integrated with content management systems (CMS) and with learning management systems (LMS) such as Blackboard, Kaltura, Mediasite and Moodle.
Supported aspect ratios and resolutions
- Supports resolutions up to 2048×2048 and 2560×1600 (widescreen).
- Captures 640×480 at 60 fps
- Convenient pick lists of standard resolutions in 4:3, 16:9, and 16:10 ratios make configuration and switching between various video input sources quick and easy. Custom resolutions are also supported.
Automatically configures frame rate, bitrate, and aspect ratio
- The DVI Broadcaster DL analyzes your source stream and automatically uses the best possible frame size, bitrate, and aspect ratio for the output stream.
- Changes to the input signal resolution and aspect ratio are automatically reflected in the output stream.
- Automatic configuration is an option that can be enabled or disabled depending on your requirements.
Out of the box and ready to stream
- Your DVI Broadcaster DL is configured and ready to stream and record live as soon as it has power and internet connection and an input signal.
- DVI Broadcaster DL encodes video and audio as it’s captured and makes it stream-ready.
- A URL is generated as soon as a source is detected.
- Viewers only need to access the URL and they can instantly view the video.
- The DVI Broadcaster DL integrates video capturing, scaling, encoding, recording, and streaming, into one simple device.
- The rugged yet lightweight design is ideal when moving from office to boardroom, laboratory or anywhere you need to capture and stream video.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) eliminates the need for AC power connection; the device is powered directly over the Ethernet cable from a PoE capable network switch. A PoE injector is included with the product if you need it.
- Roughly the size of a paperback novel, measuring 7.95″×4.13″×1.38″, (202×105×35 mm), weighing 1.4 lbs., (635 g).
- With no internal fans, or other moving parts, it is silent and reliable.
- A web-based control interface is provided to enable local or remote configuration and operation of the DVI Broadcaster DL.
- Once configured, recording may be stopped and started using a mouse.
- Integration with other systems is available via our HTTP and RS-232 APIs.
- Connect your computer directly to the DVI Broadcaster DL to enable local operation or place the DVI Broadcaster DL on a network to enable remote log in.
- Separate admin, operator, and viewer accounts and configurable passwords are provided.
- Monitor your DVI Broadcaster DL on the go with a mobile device or tablet using a custom interface designed for touch screen devices.
- Perform basic operations like checking video signals, audio levels, starting and stopping recordings, and disk space from the mobile interface.
The EpiphanConnect mobile application is available for both Android and iOS devices. This alternative to the desktop based discovery utility makes connecting to the touch screen friendly interface even easier by finding all Epiphan devices on the network.