For configurations other than the 4 or 6 port options, customization of your order is required. Please call us to finalize your order. To order 4 or 6 port, click Buy Now
4 source VGA Grid
Price: $ 10,000
6 source VGA Grid
Price: $ 12,000
plus shipping and excluding local duties and taxes (VAT), if applicable
Please review our Shipping and Return policies.
Epiphan's VGAGrid™ is designed to capture multiple VGA/DVI and HDMI1 displays or camera sources, analog composite and s-video sources, and audio sources then allows the administrator to map combinations of input sources to one or more output channel views. Each output channel can then be viewed, recorded and played back with various layouts and effects.
Key Features : Multiple Display + Audio-Video Source Recording and Streaming
- Captures up to 256 input channels from VGA, DVI, HDMI, composite or s-video sources
- Map/Layout input channels into one or more output channels to be streamed and/or recorded
- Supports recording to MPEG4, H.264 from local or remote sources
- Supported resolutions vary between 640x480 and 2048x2048
- Ideal for multi audio-video source event recording, control rooms, digital signage, security recording, training and simulation systems
VGA Grid Video Presentation
VGA Grid Applications
- Medical Are you a surgeon or medical systems integrator who needs to view multiple high resolution images from multiple video sources on a single large screen in the operating theater or clinic?
- Simulators - Training Perhaps you are building a sophisticated system for an aircraft or other sophisticated vehicle simulator where you need to record and playback the action-reaction feedback from various video stimuli presented to a trainee, along with all the displays and control gauges of your system.
- Traffic Monitoring Maybe you are deploying traffic monitoring system and need to display live video stream from dozens of highway cameras miles away from your observation point?
- Multi-Channel Multi Media Event You have an event, control room or factory with multiple channel sources that you want to record and present on a large display or in central reception area?
- Manufacturing Your factory process needs to time-stamp and record all steps of manufacturing for lot tracking and traceability
- Black Box Recording for Security Or you need to coalesce, time-stamp, and record live videos received from multiple security cameras feeding to your control room– both in an area next to yours and in remote locations - all displayed in a central display streaming channel?
In all these and hundreds of similar cases it will be hard to do without VGA Grid from Epiphan Systems™.
VGA Grid Product Description
VGA Grid™ allows you to create one or more channels that combine signals from multiple DVI, VGA or HDMI, composite, s-video and audio sources and relay them to one or more output channels to display, stream, record in a real time. No matter where the sources are located, in the same room or remote, live stream from the displays, cameras, medical imaging equipment or other video sources can be recorded, time-stamped and displayed onto one or more output streams.
VGA Grid consists of a 4U rackmount server with hardware for video/audio capture, Gigabit Ethernet and proprietary firmware. The broadcast rate varies between 640x480 and 2048x2048 with a maximum color depth of 24 bits. Please refer to the customization page to define the video capture inputs, resolutions and color depth required for your application. The captured sources can be broadcasted in a variety of different formats, including ASF, RTSP, Flash video, Motion JPEG. Furthermore, VGA Grid supports Adobe Flash technology and it is possible to view broadcasting directly from the browser.
How does VGA Grid Work?
Received VGA signals are captured by the internal cards and optional external interfaces for additional remote video signal inputs. Through a user-friendly and secure web interface you can set the display mode of the captured signals, create various channels, customize channels to display simultaneously a number of selected sources with required resolution, or zoom in on a single source if necessary. They can also be concurrently broadcast/streamed in real time to a multitude of devices, such as laptops, computers, video walls, netbooks, PDAs, and iPhones. Timestamping of the various video signals is also available.
System Configuration - Standard and Customer Configurations Grid Available?
Epiphan Systems offers two off-the-shelf VGA Grid models: 4-source VGA Grid and 6-source VGA Grid. They provide interfaces to capture 4 or 6 VGA/DVI sources respectively. These two default configurations are ideal for acquiring and broadcasting video signals in case Grid is collocated with the VGA sources.
4-source VGA Grid
This VGA Grid version integrates four DVI2PCIe internal frame grabbers. It offers maximum connection of four DVI/VGA sources collocated with VGA Grid. Buy Now »»
6-source VGA Grid
This VGA Grid version integrates six DVI2PCIe internal frame grabbers. It offers maximum connection of six DVI/VGA sources collocated with VGA Grid. Buy Now »»
If your application needs to acquire and broadcast video from one or more remote sources, both models are equipped with an Ethernet input for acquiring multiple VGA/DVI/HDMI signals from remote sources. With this product you get performance and durability without compromise – at a very good price.
Don’t Want to Be Limited to the Number of Input Sources? VGA Grid Can Be Customized to Your Budget and Application
Conceivably, it is possible you do not want to be limited to only 4 or 6 VGA sources and need some advanced functionality such as s-video and composite sources? Then we can build a Custom VGA Grid solution that best meets your requirements whatever they may be. This purpose-oriented model is assembled upon request and will address interests of a particular customer.
Custom VGA Grid allows you to specify the number of additional video signal inputs and types. Each of the sources should be connected to an external expansion frame grabber, e.g. VGA to Ethernet. The captured signal is transferred then over Ethernet to the VGA Grid’s Concentrator. Please refer to the customization page to specify how many sources you have, and what your requirements for image resolution and frame rate are.
Recording? It’s that easy!
VGA Grid also allows you to acquire video from several sources, create a channel coalescing them, and then save and record this channel’s video in real time as a single video stream video file. We offer a 2TB Hard Disk Drive in the standard VGA Grid configuration, but this can be extended upon request by adding one or more 2TB Hard Disk Drives to the configuration. This functionality will ensure that continuous live video recording lasts for months and even more.
VGA2Grid Sample Application - 3 window sign language assisted presentation
VGAGrid can be used in an application to broadcast and/or record a presentation with 4 channels. Channel 1: Presentation slides, Channel 2: the video of the speaker, Channel 3: the video of sign language using a document camera or other source, Channel 4: a branding logo in a fourth. The sample image above shows a VGA Grid output channel displaying all 4 input channels
Live Demo - See the VGA Grid in action. Enter username admin and leave password blank, if requested.
Case Studies - See how Epiphan Systems VGA Grid is used for video and image capture by users all over the world.
Customize - Estimate the cost of your custom VGA Grid solution.
1Requires HDMI to DVI adapter cable. HDMI support limited to non copy protected content, and does not include digital audio source, but can record analog audio source.
Related Products and Alternatives
Guides to selecting VGA, DVI, HDMI streaming broadcasters and recorders for your applications.
|VGADVI Recorder Pro|
|VGA Splitter Ground Loop Isolator|