DiscontinuedSorry, this product is no longer available
VGA Broadcaster Lite
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between VGA Broadcaster Standard, VGA Broadcaster Pro, and VGA Broаdcaster Lite?
- Does VGA Broadcaster Lite work with the Gigabit Ethernet interface only?
- How many frames per second can VGA Broadcaster Lite transfer?
- Does VGA Broadcaster Lite reduce the resolution of the images it captures in order to transfer it over Ethernet?
- Can VGA Broadcaster Lite function over a Local Area Network (LAN) or does it need a constant Internet connection?
- The video mode that I am using is not listed in the list of supported modes for VGA Broadcaster Lite. Can VGA Broadcaster Lite capture it?
- How can I configure the VGA Broadcaster Lite?
- What compression does VGA Broadcaster Lite use to transfer data over Ethernet?
- What CDNs does VGA Broadcaster Lite support?
- What are the considerations for multiple participants, unicast/multicast modes?
- What if I want to broadcast to more participants?
- What if I want to broadcast the presentation material and the presenter or multiple video sources to the participants?
- How does VGA Broadcaster help protect my information?
VGA Broadcaster Lite is portable internet appliance for live streaming a VGA/DVI video screen and audio whereas VGA Broadcaster Standard and VGA Broadcaster Pro are more scalable server based systems with more advanced features. For example, VGA Broadcaster Standard and VGA Broadcaster Pro support a large number of unicast client streams while VGA Broadcaster Lite supports 1-3 unicast client streams. If you need more unicast clients, consider using a content delivery network (CDN). Furthermore, the use of compressed audio on the Broadcaster Lite decreases the capture rate.
The currently shipping VGA Broadcaster Lite performs on-board compression such that a 100 Mbps network connection should provide enough capacity for effective transmission of video content. Previous versions of VGA Broadcaster Lite performance recommended a GigE network connection.
VGA Broadcaster transfers up to 30 frames per second at any given resolution up to 1920 x 1080. Capture rate diminishes when the an audio signal is paired or when there are more than 1 unicast clients.
No. VGA Broadcaster Lite captures and transfers every pixel of the original VGA frame in 24-bits-per-pixel, 8:8:8 format. In this respect, VGA Broadcaster Lite provides diagnostic-quality images - superior to other solutions such as analog video conversion and transfer.
VGA Broadcaster Lite can act as its own web server, meaning that it has the ability to function in LAN environments which are not connected to the Internet. In this case, only viewers that are part of the LAN are able to view the broadcast.
Please contact us. We are always looking for ways to improve our system and may be willing to add support for this mode.
Although the VGA Broadcaster Lite is a simple "plug-and-play" device, configuration can be performed through an intuitive web interface.
VGA Broadcaster Lite uses ASF (MPEG4), H.264 or MJPEG video stream to transfer data to the audience of the VGA Broadcaster Lite-powered broadcast. These streams may be viewed by video applications such as VLC, Windows Media Player, through the Flash Player in most browsers and others.
VGA Broadcaster Lite supports the RTSP transfer protocol for CDNs (Content Distribution Networks). Thus Broadcaster Lite is compatible with virtually any content RTSP-supporting distribution network, such as Streamzilla.
When deploying your webcasting/broadcasting solution there are trade-offs on bandwidth, performance, privacy and quality of the video/audio presentation. You need to carefully plan and consider these trade-offs based on the capabilities of your networks. Within the LAN : Multicast provides for unlimited participants, but multicast is easier to manage than on public network. For multiple participants over the WAN, unicast is more secure and reliable.
VGA Broadcaster™ and VGA Broadcaster Pro™ offer a various performance/price packages to support higher resolution, frame rates, number of clients, etc. For more information, please see VGA Broadcaster and VGA Broadcaster Pro documentation.
VGA Broadcaster Pro and VGA Grid support streaming of multiple input sources.
- Does not rely on 3rd party hosting services ( important for confidential presentations, personnel data, HIPPA health care records, etc.)
- Can direct FAQ | VGA Broadcaster Lite links to remote sites without 3rd party hosting
- Presenter connects to video cable, Presenter’s PC does not require access to network
- Presenter’s PC does not require client side software